Monday, August 8, 2011

Miss Scarlett, Miss Scarlett!

Today's a funny day of sorts.  Our first day back to school is going well...insane, but well.  No, that is not an oxymoron.  We're still laughing and speaking to each other, so overall I'd say it's been a success.

Today also marks the three year anniversary of Fred's first visit.  I went to bed on August 7th oblivious to the coming storm and woke up August 8th in a deep depression. 

Talk about a bad day. 

It took about a year to get him to leave, but thankfully he finally did.  I can feel a bit of anxiety flitting about the edges of my mind today, but I'm trying not to give it any playing time.  Today I'm glad for busyness...it doesn't leave much room for reflection.  Reflection can be good for the soul, but the right timing and perspective are critical or it just might suck you back under. 

So in the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about it tomorrow.  After all, tomorrow is another day!"  Now where DID I put my big hat?

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails