Monday, August 8, 2011

So it begins



"So it begins." Gandalf in Return of the King

Granted Gandalf was referring to the last battle for middle Earth and the end of all mankind...this is just the first day of school, but if feels a lot like going to war.  We've prepared and prayed and waited.  And now it begins.  Thankfully our outcome is a bit surer than that of our LOTR friends.

Emma and I got a head start last week and had a wonderful time learning about China with Five In A Row and The Story of Ping. This week the boys hit the books along with us. There's still a lot of craziness with multiple football practices, but I've been assuring them they can do it. They are set on convincing me they cannot. I bet I win.

Homeschooling is a lot like living in a one room school house. This year I'll be "attending" high school, Jr. High, 4th and 1st. Deep breathe...deep breathe. Add in sports, church, hs group, hearth and home and I honestly don't know HOW it will all get done, but somehow it always does. It's a lot like tithing. Give 10% to God and He somehow stretches the rest. I can't explain it, but I trust as I do it for His glory that He will make it work.

Our favorite Lord of the Rings characters needed strength, courage and an amazing bow wielding elf to accomplish their task.  I'll need copious amounts of coffee and equal amounts of prayer to accomplish mine.  Come to think of it, maybe the bow wielding elf might come in handy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails