Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life is messy - wear goulashes

This week kicked me in the butt.

We survived the first week back to school.  I wish I could say it was great...that we all jumped back in with enthusiasm, worked hard and had wonderful attitudes.  I wish I could say that.  No, it was more like slogging our way through the trenches doing the best we could to keep the mud out of our eyes.  We were all exhausted and quite dirty by the end of it all, but we got it all done.  Well, unless you count the two dental appointments on two different days that I completely forgot...but I'm not counting those. 

Along with the usual craziness of wrangling the troops there were some landmines thrown in as well.  You know, the things you never saw coming that totally throw you for a loop.  Funny thing about landmines is when they go off life around them doesn't stop.  You're still left to do all the normal, daily stuff with one hand while trying to clean up a mess with the other.  It's part of life.  Part of living in a fallen world I guess. 

The important thing is we survived and lived to see another week.  Here's hoping it's a bit smoother and a whole lot less messy, but just in case I'm wearing my goulashes.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for NOT counting the forgotten dental appointments. I'm so proud of you! ;o)

    Cute goulashes, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We start next week! I dread the getting up early part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you gonna get mad if I say we are having an excellent week back at school? Especially if I don't have to count the orthodontist appointment I forgot today. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, of course my Christian response is to "rejoice with those who rejoice". My fleshly response is to stick my fingers in my ears "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!". Hmmm...wonder which one will win??? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails