Monday, July 25, 2011

Oatmeal Butterscotch Gems

Doing a little baking this morning before the temps reach hell level and it's too hot to turn on the oven.  I tried a new recipe for Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies and whoa - STOP the train!  These little gems are amazing!  My obvious lack of self-control will come back to kick my butt during workout in the morning, but I think it's worth it...they're that good.

Here's the recipe as it appears on the Hershey's website.  Mix up a batch and then eat just one - I dare ya!

Ingredients

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking or regular rolled oats, uncooked
1-3/4 cups (11-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips

Directions
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; mix well. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails