Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bodacious Blueberry Muffins

Looking for a new family favorite to add to your breakfast menu? Try these A-ma-zing little muffins packed with loads of fresh blueberries and fluffy flavor. Hint: Don't skimp on the topping. It's what keeps them coming back for more! (Forgive the grainy photo taken with my little camera phone.)


Bodacious Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
*1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.

Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture.

Carefully fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping:

Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and *1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking. Remember, load 'em up with the topping!

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

* I omitted the cinnamon because, well, cinnamon on blueberry muffins just doesn't sound good to me at all. If you try it let me know what you think.

** I baked mine just 13 minutes as opposed to 20-25, but my oven runs a little hot. Make sure you keep an eye on them and adjust the baking time according to your oven.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails