Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I got nothin'

Blogging...blogging...blogging? Oh yeah. I used to do that...a long time ago...I think.

A few of you have e-mailed and facebooked to check on me and I appreciate you wanting to make sure I was still alive. Yes, I am alive and kicking. Well, at least alive anyway. Life seems to have left little time for blogging recently. A more accurate picture might be that at the end of the day what few brain cells I have left can't begin to string words into coherent sentences. Yes, THAT explains my absense.

Life is, well, it's life - some good, some bad, a bit of the mundane and a side of amazing all rolled into a giant ball. The trick is to not let the giant ball run you over. Sort of like Harrison Ford running from that boulder in Indiana Jones...yeah, it's a lot like that.

We've finished school for the year and are relishing a bit of free time. Not sure who's doing more relishing - me or the kids, but suffice it to say we're happy to be done. We're looking forward to lots of friend and pool time. In fact, I got my first sunburn of the year today. I was so careful to get sunscreen on all the kids (mine and two extras), that I completely forgot to put any on myself. I then proceeded to sit in the blazing Texas sun for two hours. Yes, I'm officially an idiot.

As for school, we'll take about a month off and then get back to a bit of math. Hey, they can only spend so much time at the pool anyway. Austin starts high school next year and Connor will be in jr. high. If that doesn't stretch your faith, nothing will! Greyson is excited for 4th grade and little Emma will be in 1st grade. Wow....{insert longing mommy reflection here}.


So, all of that to say I'm still here and I hope to have more blogging time over the next few months. I'm pretty sure there's a soapbox post coming soon. It's been far to long since I've been up there. It might have to do with Wal-Mart, but I'm not sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're still here. It's good to hear from you. I'm ready for that walmart soapbox rant....I'll join you! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice hearing from you and would love to sit by the pool with you! Enjoy the time with your little ones! Happy Summer Break! Julie D.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails