Monday, October 25, 2010

Sinfully delicious buttercream frosting

I've discovered over the last couple of years that I love baking. This is not good for my waistline, but my family and my taste buds are quite happy with the discovery.

One of the things I've been searching for is a good buttercream frosting recipe...one that will hold up well to decorating cakes and cupcakes, but not taste like you're eating from the Crisco can. Well, the search is over. This stuff is so good I just like to stand in front of the open fridge with a spoon and eat it straight from the bowl. Now you know my dirty little secret. The best part is people will think you bought your cupcakes from some high-end bakery...unless of course they catch you in front of the fridge with a spoon in your hand.

The Most Amazing Buttercream Frosting Recipe EVER

1/2 cup butter (the original recipe called for margarine, but then it wouldn't be "buttercream" now would it?)
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco (you can use regular, but you might get that "Crisco" taste)
1/8 t salt
1 1/2 t vanilla
5 cups confectioners' sugar (otherwise known as powdered sugar)
1/8 - 1/4 cup milk

Cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla and sugar, beat well. Add milk a tablespoon at a time until you get the right consistency. It will depend on what you're doing with it...eating it straight from the bowl? You can add more milk. Using it to ice your pretty cupcakes? You'll want it a bit stiffer.

Now where's that spoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails