Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Daily do-overs


The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:22-23

Remember when you were a kid skipping rope or playing a game and you called for a "do-over"? A do-over meant a chance to start again; to take another turn without a penalty. If you're a golfer it's called a mulligan. You can take one mulligan per round and wipe out a poor shot.

God's mercy is like a daily "do-over". We have the chance each morning to begin again; to do things differently with no penalty. I am so thankful for that opportunity. I know God's not keeping score. Unlike golf where you only get one chance at a new shot, God's rules allow for fresh chances every day. What a huge blessing to a weary mom, wife, teacher and friend. Whatever I messed up on yesterday, I have a chance to work on today. I don't have to worry that I've already had X number of chances. No one's keeping score...except for maybe me. I think it's time to tear up that scorecard and embrace what He has for me today.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

Now that is some do-over.


1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails