Saturday, June 26, 2010

My so-called random life

Whew. It's been a busy week. Hubby was out of town, which meant I was left to do the painting for our master bedroom redo. That's OK though. He said he felt like he was coming home to an Extreme Home Makeover so that made it worth the hard work. Pictures coming soon. Let's just say I'm in heaven...or at least I feel like it.

Friday morning we headed over to a friend's house for coffee. She mentioned she could use some new ideas for decorating and arranging her home and before we knew it we were moving a sofa upstairs! It was so much fun to see her start to love the stuff she already had. Decorating is about using the things you have in a way that makes you smile. While I love buying new things as well, it's more of a challenge to look around and see what's on hand that I can repurpose. I love the challenge and I had a great time helping her out. She doesn't believe me, but I really do that for fun. Yes, I realize I'm just this side of crazy.

Our homeschool group hosted its first used curriculum sale this weekend and of course I waited until 3:00 p.m. on Friday to start pricing all my stuff. Why do I do that? I didn't make much money and what I did make I spent on other people's stuff. Again, why do I do that? I just can't resist all those books. I did find a great deal on the bulk of E's kindergarten curriculum, so that made me smile.

Another Pioneer Woman recipe cooking at my house tonight. I'm making these little beauties to go with our Sunday dinner tomorrow...roast, garlic mashed potatoes and carrots. Oh, my mouth is watering. I'll let you know how the cupcakes turn out, but honestly, how can anything covered in that much chocolate not taste amazing?

(Picture from The Pioneer Woman)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails