Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Me & Ree - chocolate cupcakes

Sunday's Pioneer Woman cupcake recipe was certainly smothered in chocolate and looked absolutely amazing. I couldn't wait to finish off our pot roast dinner with one of the little beauties. But alas, I was left disappointed. They had a strange taste. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing from the cupcakes. They just tasted a little...off.

While the frosting looked like a bowl of chocolatey goodness that made me want to stick my head in it, the sweetened condensed milk overpowered the taste of the frosting. Yes, sweetened condensed milk is delish, but not poured on top of a cupcake.

So, if I were giving the Pioneer Woman recipes a rating this one wouldn't fare so well. Don't get me wrong. I still love the woman and I will not be discouraged. Her chicken picatta is so good it shows up in my dreams. If everything else I ever made off her website was horrible, that chicken picatta would make up for it all. Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I too read the Pioneer Woman but have not attempted to make any of her recipes as of yet, so this is good to know.

    I liked your post on patience.

    Thank you for your kind words and support. May you open your door to only beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! There are plenty of good recipes in her book. I am going to try that Chicken Picatta. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails