Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Me and Ree - My Chicken Piccata

(picture from Ree Drummond of The Pioneer Woman Cooks)

Tonight's Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe was My Chicken Piccata. OK, it wasn't MY Chicken Piccata. It was HER Chicken Piccata.

I'm not even sure where to start on this one. Seriously, if it weren't for the copious amount of fat in the recipe, I would probably be sitting here at the computer with a straw sipping on the leftover sauce. My sweet hubby, who by the way loves my cooking, said "This is the best chicken recipe you've EVER made!" Dear son #3, who will often opt to eat nothing until breakfast rather than try something new, said it was delicious and rated it a 9 out of 10! Get out! Seriously?

I made a few minor changes...two because I had to and one because, well, I can't ever follow a recipe exactly.

To the dredging flour I added granulated garlic because I really can't cook without garlic.

Second change was due to the fact that the large supermarket I frequent (which shall remain nameless, but has a giant yellow smiley face as it's mascot) was out of fresh parsley. Really? How does that happen? So I substituted basil. Basil and lemon are a tasty combination and it did not disappoint.

Next time I would cut the juice of two lemons down to one. Maybe my lemons were extra juicy. It was very tart, so I threw in a teaspoon of sugar to cut down on the tang...perfect.

Served with fresh summer sweet corn. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails