Friday, September 19, 2014

Homeschooling when you don't feel like it...aka Perseverance



The word for this school year is PERSEVERANCE. The first week of September we chose a word or two to represent something we want to work on over the next few months and decorated rocks as a reminder. PERSEVERANCE and JOY topped my list.

This past week tested my perseverance to the limit. Just two weeks into school and I came down with a raging head cold. The "I can't breath and it feels like my head is in a vice" kind. Oh, it was bad. Bleh! I wanted nothing more than to curl up on the couch in my jammies and watch unending hours of decorating shows and reruns of The Middle. 

Problem is there's these kids who need schooling. Oh sure, they'd be thrilled to have the day off. That's the thing about homeschooling...there are no substitute teachers and if we took time off we'd lose the momentum we worked so hard for the previous week. So armed with Advil, peppermint oil and my box of tissues we forged through and got every single stinkin' thing on the list DONE! That doesn't even happen when I'm NOT sick! I didn't give in. I didn't curl up on the couch...although I did stay in my jammies most of the week. I persevered when I wanted to give up and tonight I'm celebrating a job well done...happy Friday to me!

Now about the JOY thing...pretty sure that one gets tested on a daily basis, but that's a story for another post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails