Saturday, February 22, 2014

Does your house tell a story?

Homes are a beautiful reflection of family. They hold memories of movie nights, holidays, special meals and every day living. If you look past the clutter of six people sharing one place, you'll see a reflection of who we are; a reminder of the special people we've had the privilege of doing life with.

Fresh flowers from my thoughtful husband after a hard week.

Hand drawn pictures from my sweet, crazy kids.

The cross sitting on my kitchen island from my special friend Lindsay.

The chair Barb and I bought on one of our many Saturday yard sale adventures.

The original painting filled with special coffee memories made by my amazingly talented friend Marla.

The glass domed cupcake stand I found with Pam and Sherri on a hot, humid day in May while scouring deals in Canton. Fried pickles and ice cold Dr. Pepper were the order of the day. Oh I miss that place...and the fried pickles...but most of all the friends.

Each one of these things, these objects, reminds me on a daily basis how blessed I am to be surrounded by love. To have had the privilege to do life with some amazing people. My home may be a bit eclectic and I'm fairly certain you won't be seeing it in Southern Living anytime soon, but it wraps around me like a warm blanket and speaks to my heart in ways nothing else can. When the world outside is gray and gloomy (which happens a LOT during these Idaho winters), these things remind us to be thankful and challenge us to love one another well.

Filled with memories, our home is the setting where our story is being written each day. It may not be a best seller, but personally it's my favorite read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails