Friday, January 17, 2014

Homeschool days - what do they look like?


Our homeschool days rarely look the same. Each one has it's unique set of challenges and joys.  Take today for example. It's been a busy week, with several extra things thrown in that needed my attention. Couple that with a three day headache and well, mamma slept til 8:30 this morning.  

As everyone slowly began waking up, we found ourselves sipping coffee in the living room together. That turned into our oldest teaching the youngest two how to play a G chord on the guitar.  They're excited to learn to play so why not start today? Then Emma, Greyson and I finished up a geography book/unit we'd been working on.  In our discussion we were looking up states and capitals, which led us to find a fun quiz app on the tablet to sharpen their skills.  After a quick math lesson, we pulled up Pinterest and chose an art project to work on while listening to a Jonathan Park episode on Fibonacci numbers.

None of that was on my radar when I woke up this morning, but it was far better than anything I could have planned. We laughed, built relationships, enjoyed art, music and storytelling, learned geography and marveled at how God created order through math. When we submit our hearts and homeschooling to the Lord, he directs us in ways that will delight our hearts and the hearts of our children.  

Planned or not, I'd say that makes for a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails