Monday, December 10, 2012

Ponderings Of Pods and the Pioneer Woman

Sorry for the lame alliteration.  Couldn't help myself.

The running joke around here goes something like this:

"Mom, where's my (                      )?"
"It's in a pod."
"Our whole LIFE is in a pod!"

Pods tend to conjure up images of outer space and extraterrestrial life forms. In case you're confused, here's a visual for you.



The website says, "Everything you have fits."  What they don't tell you is that you will need 10 such pods to make it all fit...yes, 10.  Oh and those people are smiling.  We started out smiling.  By 1:30 a.m. on the last day we weren't smiling so much.

One of the important things that's packed away in the pods is my recipe collection.  I've been forced to rely on my rememberer (which is not so reliable) and the internet. This week I've been revisiting my love affair with the Pioneer Woman.  I still can't figure out how she doesn't weigh at least 200 pounds.  Her recipes would never make it into a Weight Watchers cookbook, but man are they amazing.

Last night we sampled devoured her Corn and Cheese Chowder and get this - I didn't change a thing.  Usually I read recipes and make adjustments to fit our taste, but this one was perfect.  I didn't have the cute little bread bowls, but it was tasty nonetheless.

(Photo from The Pioneer Woman)

Her banana bread is baking in the oven right now.  Can you smell it?  After tasting the batter, I'm thinking this recipe might just beat out my great-grandmother's recipe I've been making for years.  Sorry Granny.

Looks like I'll have some new recipes to add to my collection...if I ever get them out of the pod.

UPDATE: The Pioneer Woman banana bread was a bit disappointing.  It's good, but Granny's is better.  Think we'll stick with what we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails