Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful for nothing

Today I'm thankful for nothing.  That's right - nothing.

For the first time since June we have NOTHING on our calendar.  No early morning football practices, no late afternoon football practices, no games, appointments - nada.  For the first time this school year we can enjoy being together without having to fit school around everything else.  We can wake up slowly, eat breakfast together and laugh while we do our chores.  We can snuggle on the couch and do our read alouds.  We can take our time getting things done and we will.

As football season ends in a couple of weeks and we're already starting basketball, I'm not sure when we'll have another day like this so I intend to savor it. 

Yes, today I am incredibly thankful for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails