Thursday, October 13, 2011

Driveway Divas

For the past year a group of us have been working out together in a friend's driveway.  Hot and cold, the "Driveway Divas" have endured it all in an effort to stay fit.  I've tried going it alone and have learned something about myself - I need the accountability - read that "I won't work out on my own".  These women keep me going.  They keep me accountable.  I know if I don't show up I'll get at least 3 texts or e-mails about it.  They take away my excuses and challenge me to push through when I want to give up. 

It's the same with our spiritual lives.  We need others to come alongside and help us push through the challenges.  Whether those challenges come in the form of hardship, or just a dry period, we need people in our lives willing to speak the truth and challenge our spiritual laziness.  Proverbs 27:17 reminds us that "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.".  I am thankful for my iron sharpening friends; for those I can count on to pray for and encourage me or kick me in the butt if I need it...and I often do.  These women have seen me at my worst physically, emotionally and spiritually and loved me through it. 

To all my iron sharpening friends - THANK YOU!  I am incredibly blessed to have you in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Amen!

    I love my friends that hold me to a higher standard. The problem is the "friend" that holds you to her own standard. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, it is import to have friends that will keep you accountable. But we must also be willing to be kept to that accountability. For instance, I once joined friends to work out. We started meeting at a neighborhood clubhouse; then we moved to Camel's Back Park. I took one look at the "mountain" and the next thing I knew, I was under the gold arches ... :S

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails