Sunday, January 2, 2011

Post it notes - a forgetful momma's best friend

So one of my not so new year's resolutions was to drink water. Notice I didn't say MORE water, but just drink water. I don't drink it...ever. I'd have to say I'm a camel. Well, maybe a camel with coffee. Please don't e-mail me telling me all the reasons I should be drinking water. I know them all, trust me, I know...and I still don't do it.

Resolution made January 1st at 9:00 a.m. January 1st at 11:00 p.m. I'm lying in bed and it occurs to me that I didn't drink any water. Not a drop. Never even thought about it after I wrote it down yesterday. Good grief. The old mind just ain't what it use to be. (Please don't tell my kids I just used the word ain't...I'll never hear the end of it.)

Since apparently relying on my brainpower to remember these resolutions is not going to cut it, my new best friend is the hot pink post it note. Maybe if I post DRINK WATER in about ten different spots around the house I'll actually remember to do it. Oh, maybe I'll get a different color post it note for each resolution. No, that would require me to remember what resolution went with what color, thereby using even more brainpower than I possess.

I think I'll just stick with one resolution. No use gettin' crazy.



4 comments:

  1. Wow. I would feel sick if I didn't drink any water all day. You ARE a camel! I am a big water drinker, but I'm with you on the forgetting thing. I will promise the kids I will do something (grade a paper or check on the internet for something, etc.) and forget within seconds! Maybe I should give Post-its to the kids. But then they would be all over the place and make me feel guilty. Hmmm....Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to drink more water too! I drink "some" but I'm sure it would be considered insignificant in relation to what is really needed. I might be searching for my own post it notes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go back and forth trying to get enough water. The more I drink, the more I am in the potty! Do you like the taste of your water? That was a hang up with me. I got one of those filters for the faucet and I love it. I also keep a pitcher of filtered water in the fridge. And I buy bottles for on the go. I know, I should just fill up one of the million bottles I have for that purpose, but I don't like the taste! Weird. I know. Keep trying! New routines are hard. I am trying to add more exercise this year. Ugh! And yes, I used to be at Homeschoolblogger. I do not know if I am the blogger who made the gooey cakes though?
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. one tip that helps me (because I too am just like you. not a drop.... there's water in coffee, right?)....
    Fun cups. I have a couple of fun cups that I put room temperature water in and when I walk by, I take a sip. Good luck :)

    (Oh, I'm Rachel and found you through Karen, btw, nice to "meet" you)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails