Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Need to breathe

Papers, books, unfiled lesson plans and the never ending array of homeschool catalogs decorate my desk as I sit down to blog, each one reminding me I need to start thinking about our next school year. We're on our second week of summer break and quite frankly, I don't want to think about next year just yet.

I want to breathe. I need to breathe.

I want to sip my coffee with no thought of algebraic equations.

I want to catch fireflies.

I want to take the kids to the pool as often as I can...maybe even twice in one day.

I want to tackle that list of projects I've been putting off.

I want to watch the kids faces as they try to decide just what treat to choose from the neighborhood ice cream truck...the nice one, not the creepy one.

I want some time to just be.

The new school year will be here before I know it and I'll be lamenting how quickly the summer flew by. In the meantime I'm doing my best to ignore the piles screaming at me from my desk and just enjoy each day. So far I'm doing a pretty good job.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy I know just what you mean! I have planned a whole summer of nothing. I just want to rest and play games with the kids and sit around on the porch drinking lemonade. Here's to swimming twice a day! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creepy one? Well, is the ice cream at least a little cheaper? =)

    -Debi

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails