Sunday, February 21, 2010

God, NyQuil and the weather...and not necessarily in that order

My house is quiet. Did you get that? Quiet...in the middle of the day. The only time that happens is if sweet hubby takes the children and leaves. I'm pretty sure he's still here, so I think they all must have succumbed to a nap. I did not give them NyQuil...really, I didn't.

Life continues at the speed of light. We are constantly amazed at God's provision as we look for a new job. The old adage "it is better to give than to receive" could be changed to "it is EASIER to give than to receive". Learning to lay pride aside and receive graciously is a pill best taken with prayer. I much prefer being on the giving end, but am incredibly grateful for how the Lord is providing for our needs.

The weather here in Texas is in a constant state of confusion. There are days I feel as if we're living in Portland...minus the beautiful scenery of course. The sun struggles to shine for a moment, only to quickly disappear behind an every present cloud. To say I am ready for warm weather and sunshine would be equivalent to saying "I like coffee"...both are a serious understatement.

Well, apparently the NyQuil is wearing off. Sigh...it was nice while it lasted.

3 comments:

  1. "It is EASIER to give than receive."
    I understand you, my friend. I do! I would much rather be ABLE to give, than NEED to receive. But God knows what we need, and He will put us in the position to receive what is necessary. Whether we need to receive, or need to give.
    So glad HE has it all figured out!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you... It is definately easier to give than receive. We have been through some of those times this year also. I am so thankful that when there was nothing in our house and I didn't know how we were going to make it to the next paycheck God provided... It has changed me as a person though for the better and shown me what is really important. Which is not much more than my Father, my family, and other people in my life. It's good not to care as much as I once did... Thank you for sharing this time of struggle. I pray that God blesses you BIG...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Fellow Texas Blogging Gal member here to let you know about a giveaway of my Snail Mail Notes. Notecards include Texas themes and scriptures. You can see giveaway details at http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/snail-mail-notes-giveaway/ and see my notes at www.snailmailnotes.com.

    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails