Monday, February 8, 2010

In a galaxy far, far away

With one teen and one pre-teen in the house, there are times I shake my head and wonder if they will ever get it. Some say teens are in their own little world. I would venture to guess they are on their own planet...in another solar system...in a galaxy far, far away.

Watching one of my sons (who will remain nameless) preparing his lunch today went something like this - while preparing his baked potato, he dropped butter on the floor. I watched to see what he would do. Surely this son whom I've raised from birth would know just how to clean up such a mess. No, apparently he has been raised by wolves. Looking down, he picked up the butter and PUT IT BACK IN THE CONTAINER! Of course that left his fingers covered in butter as well, which he promptly wiped on his shirt. He then proceeded to grab the clean dishrag to wipe up the remaining mess and then put the now dirty rag back in the sink, covered in butter and whatever else happened to be on the floor. Do I need to run down all the things wrong here or are you getting an accurate picture?

Right now they are suppose to be doing their "quiet" reading time. Hmmm...must be why I hear screaming coming from the other room. Quiet reading time has absolutely nothing to do with their education and absolutely everything to do with my sanity.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! It's encouraging to know that my son is not alone in his disregard for everything I've ever tried to teach him regarding such things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad you found the Texas-Blogging Gals!

    What part of Texas are you in?

    dferguson74@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could soooo happen in my house, too! In fact, my pre-teen son is doing more cooking with butter these days (Loves to make cheese quesadillas) and I'm thinkin' I better watch him more closely. Thanks for the warning. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails