Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bring it on!

Trusting that even though I have no clue about the next 12 months, my God is already there. My Facebook status posted January 1, 2010.

Three days later Mike lost his job. Yep, I'm glad my God knew that was coming because we certainly didn't.

James encourages us to count it all joy when we face trials. Why? Because through the trials, through the realities of life lived in a fallen world, our faith is perfected. These times of greatest dependency are also times of greatest growth. I say bring it on! We know the plans He has for our family are for our good and not for evil. We know without a doubt He will be glorified in this situation. Our part is to wait, listen and trust.

If this is what it takes for Him to be glorified, then Jesus Bring the Rain.


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear - so sorry to hear that. We'll certainly be praying for y'all that God will give you an extra measure of grace during this stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And trust.
    Yes!
    I am sorry for the loss, and the associated stress. But at the same time, why should we be sorry for God's perfect plans? For His glory???
    Father, as You perfect Angela and Mike's faith through this trial, I pray You will also show them Your power and Your faithfulness.
    Yes! Glorify Yourself through their circumstance.
    I'm asking it in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS. Amen and amen!


    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I am so sorry to hear this! How are you doing? Was it expected at all? I'll sure be in prayer for you and your family. I truly understand all the emotions that surround these things. I also understand (most days) that God is still in control and has a WONDERFUL plan!!

    I'd still love to meet you sometime! Maybe it will still happen. :o)

    Love to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and praying!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails