Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sausage Pasta

Looking for an new recipe to get you out of that cooking rut? This one is easy, deliciouso and low-fat.

Sausage Pasta
3/4 pound of your favorite pasta (I use whole wheat angel hair)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound spicy Italian sausage OR kielbasa
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
fresh spinach
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add your favorite pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.

In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage; cook through until no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. You can also grill the sausage on the grill, slice and add to pan after sauteing onion and garlic.

Add broth, basil and tomatoes with liquid.

Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce. Add a few handfuls of fresh spinach; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is just tender, 2-3 minutes.

Add pasta to skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. OK. I seriously think I need to try this one. Why didn't I come visit yesterday when I was making my menu and grocery list? Because you know, shopping on Monday means grocery list-making on Sunday. *grin*
    Will try to remember this for next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails