Monday, April 6, 2009

Great decorating blog

If you've known me for more than three days, you can attest to the fact that I love to rearrange things - furniture, decorations, children...pretty much anything. Hubby tells me often that I do more with less than anyone he knows. I take that as a very high compliment. Of course he also tells me he's afraid to come home after dark for fear the furniture will be in a different place and he'll trip on something. That's one way to keep him coming home early!

I recently found one of the best sites I've stumbled upon in a long time.
The Nesting Place is absolutely inspiring. This lady has an amazing way of using what you have to decorate in a way you love. Don't like it? Don't use it! Tired of something in one place? Repurpose it as something else. I've long been a fan of "shopping" my home for things to use in other parts of the house. It's like a treasure hunt.

One thing I am enjoying about The Nesting Place is the plethora of photos. Visual learner here. She uses "before and after" photos liberally, which seems to add to "Hey, I can do that!" mentality.

When you stop by her site, check out this particular post. She has links to over 125 other blogs who posted "before and after photos" of their 10 minute makeovers. That's right - 10 minutes+small changes=big rewards. Who doesn't have 10 minutes? Um, maybe you shouldn't answer that question.

OK, I guess I really should finish schooling my children instead of drooling over decorating ideas. Priorities ladies, priorities!

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog, too. And just when I think she can't come up with yet another brilliant way to decorate or redecorate... she does.

    I love that about her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you called me a Lady! I love it when people call me a lady. Sounds like you and I would get along swell!

    Oh and look Darcy up there is the one who did all the hard work designing the Nesting Place blog.

    Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails