Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Basic Alfredo Sauce



I thought I would share one of our family's favorite recipes. Though certainly not low fat, it's oh so very tasty. You'll find this on our menu at least a couple times a month. Even our pickiest eaters love it. I love it because of its ease and versatility. Anyone can make this...yes, even you Ashley!


Basic Alfredo



Veggies of choice (mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, sun dried tomatoes...whatever you have on hand)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Meat of choice (grilled chicken, sausage, pork. I often make it meatless and add more veggies)
3/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 package of your favorite thin pasta (I use whole wheat angel hair)


  • Saute veggies and garlic in 1/4 cup butter over medium heat.
  • Add cream and 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces.
  • Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
  • If adding cooked meat, stir in now.
  • Add fresh Parmesan and parsley and toss gently.
  • Pour sauce over pasta and serve immediately.
Tonight we had it with green salad and fresh fruit. Mmmm! Restaurant quality meal at a fraction of the cost. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela, Long time no chat as in back to our 'Homebodies' days and back to your ID days! I've recently been re-connected to you via your AMAZING GOD-BLOGS via our mutual sister JJ's LIGHT ENOUGH TO SEE BLOG! Your GOD-INSIGHTS and shared lessons and MUCH NEEDED TRANSPARENCY & AUTHENTICITY are BREATHS OF MUCH NEEDED FRESH AIR! The Lord speaks to me SO powerfully thru your blogposts and I wanted to THANK YOU for SHARING SO FREELY & FOR SO FAITHFULLY KEEPING YOUR BLOG CHOCK-FULL of GOD GEMS & INSPIRATION to PRESS ON IN OUR FAITH JOURNIES COME WHAT MAY!

    On a lighter note, thanks for this TRIED & TRUE RECIPE WHICH I know my FAM will LOVE!

    Just knowing there is a SISTER out there who LOVES & SEEKS the LORD WITH ALL HER HEART, SOUL, MIND & STRENGTH does my HEART SUCH GOOD & BRIGHTENS MY DAYS MORE than you could ever know. . . . but I wanted to try to express it in words best I can JUST IN CASE you the QUEEN of EXHORTATION & INSPIRATION to OTHERS could possibly use some ENCOURAGEMENT yourself today!

    I WANT YOU TO KNOW JUST HOW MUCH GOD IS USING YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FAITH WALK & YOUR TEACHING CALLING TO DISCIPLE & ENCOURAGE others to KEEP GROWING CLOSER to CHRIST & IN HIS WAYS! I am so GRATEFUL for you and am asking God to WOW & WOO you in the MOST SWEETEST & PERSONAL OF WAYS TODAY & ALL WEEK to LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HE LOVES YOU & HOW MUCH HE NOTICES HOW MUCH YOU THINK OF HIM & HOW YOU WANT SO MUCH MORE OF HIM EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY! YOU BRING HIM SOOOOO MUCH JOY & HE DELIGHTS IN YOUR HEART THAT HE SEES IS SOLD OUT TO HIM & WANTS ONLY WHAT HE WANTS FOR YOU & YOURS! HE IS SO PLEASED HOW MUCH MORE YOU HAVE GROWN TO TRUST HIM EVEN MUCH MORE SO W/IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS THAT NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED W/O YOU GRAPPLING W/ DEPRESSION & DARING TO FIND THE GOOD-GOD IN EACH DAY KNOWING THAT HE HEARS & IS ANSWERING YOUR PRAYERS FOR HELP & HEALING IN HIS PERFECT WAYS & TIMING!!

    WHAT A PRIVILEGE TO GET TO WITNESS SUCH CHILDLLIKE FAITH THANKS TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL, ANNOINTED BLOGS!!

    SINCERELY IN JESUS, Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails