I thought I would share one of our family's favorite recipes. Though certainly not low fat, it's oh so very tasty. You'll find this on our menu at least a couple times a month. Even our pickiest eaters love it. I love it because of its ease and versatility. Anyone can make this...yes, even you Ashley!
Veggies of choice (mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, sun dried tomatoes...whatever you have on hand)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Meat of choice (grilled chicken, sausage, pork. I often make it meatless and add more veggies)
3/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 package of your favorite thin pasta (I use whole wheat angel hair)
- Saute veggies and garlic in 1/4 cup butter over medium heat.
- Add cream and 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- If adding cooked meat, stir in now.
- Add fresh Parmesan and parsley and toss gently.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve immediately.