Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Books make me smile

I love me a good deal. Today when we stopped by the library I quickly perused their book sale table and found some great reads - nine books in all, seven of them hard backs, for only $5.00! So, here's what's on my reading list for the next little while:

The Great Gatsby
The Red Badge of Courage (think I'll assign that one to my 12 year old)
He Sets the Captive Free - Corrie Ten Boom's story
Wuthering Heights
The Truth About Hillary (will only read this one during the daytime so as not to give myself nightmares!)
an ENORMOUS (or GINORMOUS as my nine year old says) Tom Clancy novel and several other fiction titles

Time with friends this morning, great deals and gorgeous weather made for a nice day...a very nice day.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read Wuthering Heights? I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. It's horrible. Really wicked characters. I keep waiting for something redeeming to happen, but I've about given up. My goal is to get to the end, just so I can say I read it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm reading Francine River's Redeeming Love once I finish, I've heard it's much more edifying.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails