Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stress busters - don't kick the dog

We all have different ways of coping with stress. Some yell. Some cry. Some withdraw. Since stress is an inevitable part of life, it's a good idea to have a plan for dealing with it in order to alleviate, or at least diminish, the wrong response. Here are my three favorite stress busters.

1. Swing with your kids at the park...the higher the better. Close your eyes, lean back and fly.

2. Blow bubbles. Nothing relieves stress more quickly than blowing bubbles. Watch them float in the air and imagine your troubles disappearing along with them.

3. Put in your favorite worship CD, close your eyes and worship. Refocusing on Who is truly important will put your problems in proper perspective.

It's amazing what a difference the simplest things can make. So how do you handle stress? What's your favorite way of regrouping during a challenge? And no, kicking the dog doesn't count!

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, I'm a yeller. Definitely not something I'm proud of!

    When it's my children that are stressing me out though, I've found that stopping everything and reading a book with them helps. We all snuggle up together on the couch and read a few of their favorite books. The physical touch certainly helps! It gives us a chance to calm down, regroup and start over when the stories are done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails