Thursday, January 15, 2009

God and Starbucks

Most of us are creatures of habit. We go to bed at roughly the same time. Get up at the same time. Keep our morning and evening routines the same. Seems to give us some measure of security I guess.

Thursday mornings Lindsay and I workout at 5:30 and then head to Starbucks. It's become our routine of sorts. Every week we see the same man, sitting at the same table with his Venti coffee, copy of the Dallas Morning News and his HP laptop. He has chosen to start his day at Starbucks. He has made it a priority.

Got me to thinking about how I start most mornings. Not at Starbucks, but most often with a cup of fresh brewed coffee, my comfy chair and my Bible. I have to CHOOSE time with God over sleep or it won't happen. Just like I have to choose to drag myself out of bed and go to the gym. The list of to-do's, should do's and would-like to-do's could easily squeeze out my time with the Lord, unless I make it a priority...like the man at Starbucks.

What's on your priority list today? Hopefully spending time in the Word is near the top. If not, maybe it's time to rearrange some things. Remember, we spend time on what's important to us. What could be more important than time with the Creator who loves you? Nothing I can think of...not even Starbucks.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new look!

    Thank you for your reminder to put God first. I've fallen into a routine of cleaning up the house, checking emails, watching the news, doing lessons and before I know it, it's lunch time. No time with God. No real time. I amaze myself that I can still think "What is wrong with today?" When the answer is "You did not spend time with ME." Why is it that I beleive that all these other things are more important then spending some quiet time with my God? My mouth says it's not true but my actions say it is. It breaks my heart. Thank you for your gentle encouragement to prioritize what is important.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails