Monday, September 1, 2014

Back to School Mantel - it's so adorable!

So the other day I was suppose to be planning our school year. Somewhere between researching history activities and ordering math curriculum I got sucked into the vortex that is Pinterest. I found this adorable printable from Sweet Coconut Lime and before I knew it was redecorating my mantel for back to school. Anything to put off that planning stuff just one more day.










Isn't it just the cutest??? I printed it on cardstock and used an extra frame I had hanging around to make this the focal point of the space. Then I got busy scavenging the house and my kids' school supplies for the rest. The burlap bunting was purchased a few months ago for $1 each at Craft Warehouse and covered with chalkboard contact paper. I've used them for loads of different things. Crayons, pencils and a few old books (one of them is from the late 1800's) round out the extreme cuteness. Total cost: $0! 

Oooh, I just love free decorating! Now if only I loved school planning half as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails