Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sweet & sour sauce - it's the bomb!

For some crazy reason I decided today to forgo my longstanding sweet and sour sauce recipe in favor of one I found on Pinterest.  I think I was in some sort of pinning induced coma or something.

Can I just say this sauce is the best stuff EVER?  What is it they say in the South..."So good it'll make you wanna slap your mamma!"  Now, I have no intention of slappin' my mamma, but it is that good.  Tonight we're having it over our favorite meatballs, but I plan on using it on burgers, chicken, chocolate cake.  OK, maybe not the latter...maybe.  I just might forgo the food altogether and drink it with a straw.  Are you understanding the urgency of how good this stuff is?

Sweet & Sour Sauce (courtesy of Mel's Kitchen Cafe)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat in a small saucepan until combined and sugar is dissolved and pour over meatballs. (This dish is not overly abundant on sauce so if you enjoy things a bit saucier, double the sauce ingredients.) 
UPDATE: Depending on what BBQ sauce you use, you'll want to adjust the amount of brown sugar.  I use Sweet Baby Ray's because, well, it is the only kind to use.  It is fairly sweet though, so next time I'll cut the brown sugar down to about 3/4 a cup.  I also doubled the recipe for our family of six.  Now I have leftovers...leftovers make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails