Sunday, February 12, 2012

Forever friends

Six or seven years ago I met a lady through my blog.  We began following each others blogs, corresponding and sharing prayer requests all through the miracle of technology.  She prayed for me through my struggle with depression.  Every time she saw a cardinal (which thankfully was often), the LORD prompted her to pray.  Yep, the Internet is amazing.

What's even more amazing is that I just got to spend two days with this sweet friend IN PERSON!  She flew from Michigan to Dallas and spent the first two days with Edie (another blogging friend) before the three of us met for dinner.


We laughed that night...a lot!  Despite having just met in person, we were connected...we were instant friends because of our connection through Christ.  She doesn't drink coffee (gasp!) or wear flip-flops - two of my favorite things, but I think we were able to work through that.  She does at least like chocolate.  Whew!




After dinner Karen came to stay at my house for a couple of days.  We lounged, we chatted, we took silly pictures of crazy haired ladies, we ate ice cream and we talked some more.  We shared our hearts.  When it was time to say good-bye we parted as forever friends.  Notice I said "forever friends", not "old friends"...there's a big difference! 

I'm truly thankful for what the LORD worked over the miles and how He knit our hearts together.  Looks like I may be visiting Michigan some day...but NOT in the winter!  Snow and flip-flops just don't mix.



5 comments:

  1. What a thrill to be able to connect in person! I am so glad you met and found a lifelong friend that you can now say you have met and can't wait to see again. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started following your blog and can I just say....your posts are amazingly inspirational and motivating. It's amazing how we meet people online and they turn into dear friends. I have some myself...one in Wisconsin and one in Arizona and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Looking forward to more reading on your blog. = )

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just a beautiful story. Makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?
    You would consider coming to Michigan???
    Angela, that would totally make my day! Just give me a few weeks notice. *wink*
    And, regarding the forever friends concept - I fully agree. So thankful for how God has knit our hearts together.
    BTW - another Edgewood lady had a cardinal on her shirt today. I prayed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful testimony! I am praying for God to put me in connection with other members of the Body. It is encouraging to read testimonies like the one shared in this post! Thank God for His vessels.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails