Monday, December 28, 2009

The prayer that never fails

Reorganized our bedroom today. The kids know when I start these projects that momma's got a bee in her bonnet. There's something about the beginning of a new year that gives me the urge to organize, rearrange...I guess what I'm getting at is change. Yes, I could certainly organize my closet in the middle of July, but there's something about a brand new year, day one that sends me nesting.

The beginning of a new year is a great time to reflect. Sort of like nesting in the intellectual and spiritual sense. Out of such reflections are sure to come areas that need attention. Some may be glaring, others more subtle. More daily time with the Lord, organizing our time and our stuff, eating right, exercising regularly, saying "no", making our marriage a priority...these are all great goals and have all, at one time or another, been on my list. But what I've found to be the most meaningful goal of all is that I will know Christ more intimately by the end of new year than I do right now. That I will have a better grasp on who I am in Him than I do today. That by His Holy Spirit He will reveal to me what I do not understand.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. Ephesians 1:17

Looking back on 2009 I can say without hesitation that prayer was answered. At times the answers came through painful situations, others through sweet time with my Lord and some while I folded laundry. No matter what 2010 has in store, my prayer remains the same and I know, without a doubt, it's one He will surely answer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela!
    I have not been moved to organize any closets with the coming of a new year, but I am absolutely looking forward to a time of reflection like you have described here. *grin*
    I love to take time thinking about the year gone by, recalling the things God has done - which were completely outside my knowledge at the beginning of the year - and wondering what might happen in the next 365 days.
    Two things I know for sure: God will be good every day, and He will remain faithful.
    Trusting Him with you for 2010.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails