Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Parenting - what a job!

Soothing a crying infant.

Potty-training a wriggling toddler.

Teaching an eager pre-schooler to read.

A piece of cake when compared with facing the pre-teen/teen years. I remember what an awesome task each of those things seemed to be at the time. The early years were a combination of sleep depravity, constant motion and endless messes. What stands before me now will soon tower over me...literally.

We struggle not with crying, but unexplained emotions.

Not with potty-training, but with giving them freedoms.

Not with learning to read, but learning life.

I only thought the early years were tough. The toughest and probably most rewarding is yet to come.

God give me wisdom to navigate this road - bumps, potholes, detours and all.

3 comments:

  1. So eloquently stated! I'm right there with you, friend!
    The older moms tried to warn me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, am thankful He has enough wisdom to share with both of us. Cuz, sister, I need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my children range in age from 18months to 18 years, I run that gamut with you. I deal with the emotional disruptions simultaneously with the diaper blow-outs.

    God has never failed us, and I know He won't now. Though, some days are rougher than others!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails