Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving happenings


Thanksgiving is over. The stockings are hung. Lists are being made. Christmas is coming, full steam ahead.

We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving day at the farm enjoying perfect 75 degree weather and more good food than I could handle. The rest of the turkey is now simmering on the stove being made into some delightful turkey and dumplings. The boys enjoyed the annual Turkey Bowl. Austin and Grandad redeemed last year's loss with a diving final second catch to win the game.

We avoided Black Friday like the Black Plague and spent the day decorating for Christmas. Mike and I did our best to let the kids do the majority of the work...it's so hard to not micromanage, but we did pretty good. Friday afternoon we watched The Wizard of Oz. It was Emma's first time seeing the movie and her eyes were as big as saucers - she loved it and I loved watching her.

After the movie we watched the Broncos close out their undefeated season with an awesome 61-10 victory over Fresno State. There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth over the whole BCS debacle, but I'll save that for another post.

Better run finish the dumplings since my mouth is watering all over the keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails