Friday, November 21, 2008

No regrets

Am I the only one that tends to take things for granted? The laughter and constant chatter of my kids, goodnight kisses, hugs from my sweet hubby when he walks through the door, a brilliant orange sunset, a phone call from a friend, a day without depression. I have so much to be thankful for and yet so often I go through the day not noticing...not thanking...not cherishing.

This morning brought the sad news that one of our church family members lost his battle with cancer. While of course there is joy for him, we mourn with his wife and sweet children left to live without the most important man in their lives.

It is times like these that the reality of life seems to hit me between the eyes. I take for granted I will have many more days just like this one to enjoy the gifts God has given me. The truth is I may not. I want to live my life with no regrets...to come to the end of things and know I did all I could do with what was given to me. Did I love fully? Did I forgive completely? Did I laugh often? Did I listen intently? Did I do my best to make a memory out of each and every day?

I am thankful for reminders such as this and pray that today, for the sake of those I love, I will live with no regrets.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I had no regrets about this DAY let alone the days that have preceeded it. My daughter's eyes haven't seen much to admire...
    I needed these past two posts. Thank you for sharing and for reminding me...I've got some of my own lemons to leave before the throne now before I can walk ahead with no regrets.

    Grace and Peace,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails