Monday, January 7, 2008

Memorization Monday

Putting feet to my goals for 2008 includes memorizing a scripture verse a week for the whole year. I began last week with Proverbs 13:3. "Those who control their tongue will have a long life; a quick retort can ruin everything." There were several times when the thought of the verse gave pause to my speech. I tend to be the sort with a quick retort. I don't like that about myself, but it's the plain, ugly truth. My prayer is that I will not only commit the 52 verses to memory, but allow them to permeate my heart and affect my actions.

Continuing on the same vein, this week's verse also deals with our words. "Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing." Proverbs 12:18

Thank you Lord for your precious Word that has the power to change my heart.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Angela,
    I need to make Scripture memory a discipline in my life again. In 11th grade our youth intern encouraged us to memorize the book of James. Thirty-six years later we are going through James as a family and I can still quote the majority of the verses.
    I am praying for your (((friend))) this morning as she begins homeschooling. I know you will be a great encouragement for her.
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, you know that I can relate to needing to practice both verses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you memorizing scripture!
    His Word does have the power to change our hearts, and I am sure He will make you even more beautiful as you hide His word in yours!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch...the Word of God, sharper than a two edged sword!

    Thanks for stopping by my site and posting "words of the wise"!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails